Senior Front-End Developer
Our software powers some of the largest ideas in Government, Commercial, and Non-Profit institutions in New Zealand, and our clients include Auckland Transport, Ministry of Education, Auckland Museum, Skinny, and NZ Post.
We are a technology partner, and believe continuous advances in technology allow us to utilise newer and better ways of solving problems for our clients and their users.
We question the status quo, and understand the need for constant evolution in the relentless pursuit of excellence. This drives our mission at Propellerhead.
Culture & Approach
We live and die by the quality of our team, and our company is made up of some of the brightest minds in New Zealand software development.
We believe great people shine when given the freedom to lead. Our approach is designed to produce maximum value by stepping out of the way and clearing roadblocks for our team. We take influence from Agile, Lean Startup, Design Thinking and Holacracy, and we build solutions in a series of small increments. Each iteration provides an opportunity for adaptation based on user behaviour and increasing insights.
Our team is full of problem-solvers who happen to code, and we put a premium on communication, collaboration, openness and flexibility.
Do you have extensive development experience and great UX sensibilities? Can you move comfortably from big picture strategy to design and technical implementation? Do you value beautiful design aesthetic, with a belief that form and function can work in unison?
You'll be given projects that challenge and inspire you. Working in a creative and supportive environment, you will be instrumental in producing software solutions in a lean, Agile and evolutionary manner.
We pride ourselves on crafting collaborative, cross-functional and self-managing teams of equally talented developers, so your judgement, opinion and insights will be required to ensure early delivery and continuous improvement is possible.
Skills & experience
- You have design and development experience in multi-tier and distributed enterprise web applications
- Your portfolio includes extension or adaptation of a current framework, integrating a major external library or new subsystems
- You are well regarded as a valued advisor to previous clients
- You have experience leading user research
- You are knowledgeable across a range of existing and emerging UX and digital product design tools and techniques
- Cutting-edge projects for some of New Zealand's brightest organisations
- Welcoming, friendly, equal opportunity workplace
- Very capable fellow team members
- A culture of openness, communication, collaboration and flexibility
- Beautifully designed, tranquil offices right in the heart of Auckland
You Must Be In Auckland For The Interview:
We require applicants to be in Auckland for the interview process. Candidates that progress may be asked to agree to a police background check, credit history check, other assessments and provide evidence of qualifications.
You Must Provide A Cover Letter:
We receive and read many job applications every week, and one component we value very highly is your cover letter. We cannot progress your application without one. This is your chance to tell us more about who you are, what you value, and why you care about your work. Instead of bland and cliche-filled, we value authentic and personal. This will go towards getting you to the next stage.
Learn more about working for Propellerhead in this comprehensive blog post.
Learn more about our company here.
All other current listings are available on propellerhead.workable.com